The Midland is an iconic Morecambe hotel that curves gracefully along the North West coast of Morecambe Bay. As an internationally renowned art-deco building The Midland is a hotel with history, designed by Oliver Hill and restored for the 21st century to become a modern day masterpiece
We now have fantastic opportunities for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our enthusiastic and talented team to help create enjoyable and memorable experiences for all our guests.
Why Choose The Midland?
You will be working in a family run, friendly and supportive environment where we encourage you to reach your full potential.
You will benefit from our company benefits, which include:
- Enhanced rate of pay for all overtime worked
- 50% Discount across all English Lakes Hotel accommodation and Watersports Centre
- 25% Discount for food and drink across all English Lakes hotel restaurants
- 25% Discount for English Lakes spa facilities
- Complimentary health club membership for you and your family worth over £800 per person a year
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed and Breakfast stay for two people to celebrate your birthday every year
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Uniform provided
- For more information see
Responsibilities of a Bars General Assistant
- Meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm and friendly welcome.
- Providing an efficient and friendly service of food and beverages to the guests, whilst keeping the focus on attention to detail.
- To assist the Restaurant and Bar Management team to maintain the cleanliness and high standards within the department.
- To contribute to the development of the department by looking for dynamic opportunities for future improvements
Requirements of a Bars General Assistant
- A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- A aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours
We look forward from hearing from you!
Note: All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence and photo ID of eligibility will be required at interview from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.