English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues is proud to boast four luxury Lake District and Lancashire hotels, all of which offer their own charms and characteristics. We have two hotels situated in the heart of the Lake District and two in North Lancashire and now that these hotels have all reopened exciting opportunities have arisen within our teams.
We are now searching for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our enthusiastic and talented team at The Midland to help create enjoyable and memorable experiences for our guests at this iconic setting.
*** You will benefit from excellent company benefits including a new Enhanced Overtime Scheme which is paid at an additional £5 per hour for every hour worked above your contracted hours ***
- Ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals at the required time to the highest of standards.
- Assisting in the development of menus by contributing with new ideas
- Ensuring your section is always fully prepped and ready for the next service.
- To supervise a particular section of the department as allocated by The Head Chef
- To maintain clean and hygienic work areas and practices
- Ensure all orders are placed and received and checked for accuracy
- Take part in training new starters or fellow colleagues with your expertise including running training sessions as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- An aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- Previous experience of working at this level within a similar environment.
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service in all food outlet areas
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- A flair for food and an knowledge of basic kitchen practices
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends, split shifts and evenings)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo ID will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.