The Midland Hotel in Morecambe is an iconic architectural edifice that showcases the elegance of classic Art Deco design with a modern contemporary feel. This fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Kitchen Brigade. This is the perfect opportunity for any highly motivated, ambitious Chef De Partie looking to progress their career within the Hospitality Industry.
- Ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals at the required time to the highest of standards.
- Assisting in the development of menus by contributing with new ideas
- Ensuring your section is always fully prepped and ready for the next service.
- To supervise a particular section of the department as allocated by The Head Chef
- To maintain clean and hygienic work areas and practices
- Ensure all orders are placed and received and checked for accuracy
- Take part in training new starters or fellow colleagues with your expertise including running training sessions as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- An aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- Previous experience of working at this level within a similar environment.
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service in all food outlet areas
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- A flair for food and an knowledge of basic kitchen practices
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends, split shifts and evenings)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo ID will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.