We are continuing the phased re-opening of the hotel in line with Government guidelines with a view to being fully open from 17th May 2021.
We are now searching for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our enthusiastic and talented team at The Midland to help create enjoyable and memorable experiences for our guests at this iconic setting.
Responsibilities for a Restaurant & Banqueting Manager
- Ensuring the prompt and efficient service of the restaurant to the highest of standards.
- To motivate & develop the team.
- Maintaining our extremely high standards in all we do.
- Running efficient shift.
- Ensuring budgeted wage percentages are achieved and departmental costs controlled.
- Ensuring the restaurant and bar are always fully prepped and ready for the service.
- To maintain clean and hygienic work areas and practices.
- Take part in training new starters or fellow colleagues with your expertise.
- To be responsible for Event Management when allocated to conferences.
- To ensure all conference/function rooms are set to the required standards as laid down in the training manual.
Requirements for a Restaurant & Banqueting Manager
- A warm and friendly personality.
- An aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues.
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service.
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail.
- A flair for service and a knowledge of best practice.
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly dynamic and vibrant environment.
- Experience of leadership and management in a similar role (ideal not essential).
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Passion for Hospitality.
- A flair for excellent standards of presentation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.