This job role is full time, working straight shifts 5 days over 7.
Hourly rate is £9.69 per hour.
*** You will also qualify for a new Enhanced Overtime Scheme.... An additional £5 per hour for every hour worked above your standard contracted hours, when working a 40 hour contract, for an agreed time period ***
INTRODUCING A NEW RETENTION BONUS SCHEME WORTH UP TO £1,000 FOR ALL NEW RECRUITS*
* Further information is available at interview.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our enthusiastic and talented team within Low Wood Bay Resort and Spa. You will be required to work closely with the Reception Manager in forward planning all reception tasks with both the guests and the teams needs at the forefront of this.
Working for Low Wood Bay Resort and Spa offers amazing benefits including:
FREE Health club membership for you and your family, if living in the same household.
You can take advantage of up to 50% discount off accommodation in any of the hotels in the English Lakes Hotels family.
Why not try learning to wake board or paddle board after work or even hire a motor boat and explore Lake Windermere with up to 50% discount off all watersports activities.
If relaxing is more your preferred downtime then take advantage of the 25% discount available in our award winning Spa.
We also provide uniform, meals whilst on duty.
If working in a family run company, with great team ethics and a love for hospitality sounds interesting to you, take a look and apply for this role - we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities for a Reception Shift Leader
- Previous experience working in a reception supervisory role is absolutely essential, ideally in a four star hotel environment with more than 100 bedrooms.
- Experience in reservation systems, preferably Opera as well as being able to take reservations
- Cater for guest in house requirements and supporting all other teams in our Resort.
- Responsible for team training and motivation.
- Proven guest relations experience and knowledge of the local area.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on your own or as part of a team
- Capable of managing a variety of tasks for yourself and others.
Requirements for a Reception Shift Leader
- A passion for hospitality
- Experience of staff supervision, especially training and development.
- Experience in use of Opera, Micros, Book-a-table and other hospitality systems.
- Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts.
- Attention to the smallest detail
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo ID will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.