Join the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa team and help create enjoyable and memorable Lake District experiences for our guests.
Responsibilities for a Conference Porter/Assistant:
- You will create a positive first impression, by adopting excellent customer service and communication skills to ensure our guests experience remains exceptional.
- The role encompasses an efficient eye to detail, a warm and friendly personality combined with the very best level of hospitality.
- Meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm and friendly welcome
- Providing an efficient and friendly service to our guests, whilst keeping the focus on attention to detail.
- To assist the Conferencing and Banqueting Team to maintain the cleanliness and high standards within the department.
- To contribute to the development of the department by always looking for dynamic opportunities for future improvements.
- To see clients during the event to ensure total satisfaction and the efficient and smooth operation within the Conference and Banqueting business.
- To ensure all vacated rooms are cleaned and set up post events.
- You will also be required to support other departments, and also work within a very busy, dynamic team where training and support will be given to enable you to develop.
Requirements for a Conference Porter/Assistant
- A dedicated and hardworking individual who will be assist in the full day to day running of the conference & banqueting department, working closely with the Food & Beverage team.
- Will deliver a high level of service assisting in preparation to run a smooth and efficient Conference & Banqueting operation.
- A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- A aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends and evenings)
- Full training will be given to although experience in conference, wedding & events in a 4* hotel environment and an overall knowledge of the Food & Beverage areas would be an advantage.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from all candidates at interview stage as part of our standard recruitment process.