The Midland Hotel in Morecambe is an iconic architectural edifice that showcases the elegance of classic Art Deco design with a modern contemporary feel.
This fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Kitchen Brigade.
This is a full time position covering 3 shift patterns.
Responsibilities for Commis Chef
- Supporting our team of Chefs who have a passion for food and a flair for excellent presentation.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene
- Prepare the ingredients for a team of chefs
- Measure ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Deal with deliveries and stock rotation
Requirements for Commis Chef
- Passion for food and hospitality, and knowledge of basic kitchen practices
- Friendly, courteous and helpful, with excellent communication skills
- Flexible, and able to work shifts
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Motivated to go the extra mile for guests and colleagues
- Excellent personal appearance and hygiene standards
- A great team player
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.Notes