Working straight shifts! (40 hours) or part time hours
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our professional Kitchen Brigade providing the opportunity for any highly motivated, ambitious Sous Chef looking to progress their career within the Hospitality Industry.
Responsibilities for a Sous Chef
- Knowledge of budgets, stock controls, accounting systems and wage controls
- Knowledge of menu costing systems
- A strong background in menu writing and menu training
- Proven knowledge of Food Management Safety Systems
- Up to date Knowledge on all allergen details, laws and law enforcements
Requirements for a Sous Chef
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef or second chef overseeing a 100+ cover restaurant, combined with banqueting experience for 60 to 300 is critical.
- excellent people management, and have a proven track record of developing and leading others as you will be key in supporting our culinary academy school apprentices.
- A good knowledge of Food Safety Management is required to support the strong Health & Safety guidance in place through our external consultants which maintains day to day compliance.
- Excellent communication skills and be capable of managing a variety of tasks for yourself and others as you will be expected to lead the team in the absence of the Resort Head Chef.
- You will have a passion for food, demonstrate a creative flair and have excellent standards of presentation, where the emphasis is always on creating the very best of guest experiences.
- Experience of staff management, recruitment, training and development
- Flexibility and have the facility to work shifts
- Track record of delivering results through your people
- Attention to the smallest details
Benefits for a Sous Chef
• Negotiable hours; flexible approach to your requirements
• Hours guaranteed throughout the year
• Good rate of pay on offer
• Every hour worked is paid at your contracted rate of pay
• Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (t & c's apply)
• Chef Whites provided
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
• Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
• English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview stage as part of our standard recruitment process.