The Wild Boar Inn, Grill and Smokehouse
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, this historic Wild Boar Inn has the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms. The Grill & Smokehouse and open kitchen offers a theatrical backdrop to the overall dining experience, with 72 acres of mature ancient woodland adding to the idyllic setting of this beautiful Inn.
The Wild Boar proudly continues its commitment to the best locally produced seasonal ingredients.
Winner of the Silver Award in the Visit Britain Pub of the Year, The Wild Boar has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience with a welcome as warm as the open log fires.
This is a full time position (42.5 hours) working 5 days over 7, on a rota pattern.
Live in accommodation is available.
This role is one of the most important roles within our resort and is perfect for someone looking to enter the industry or work in kitchens. “Without a kitchen porter or housekeeper you cannot open a hotel, all other roles can be done by anyone – Rocco Forte” We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our enthusiastic and talented kitchen brigade. If you are fun, friendly and inspiring join our team.
As a kitchen porter you will be integral in making sure the kitchen runs efficiently, you will be responsible for ensuring all guest crockery and cutlery are cleaned and preserved as well as supporting the chef and supplying them with the equipment needed to carry out their duties, cleaning the kitchen at the end of service and maintaining good hygiene practices throughout.
You will be working with an experienced team who care about our guests and your development.
What we look for (the detail)
Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts.
Attention to the smallest detail
A passion for hospitality
What's in it for you?
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to creativity and innovation and encourage you to reach your potential.
Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to t's & c's)
Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Responsible to: Head Chef, Sous Chef
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure all kitchen equipment, service and storage areas are cleaned to the Company standards and, in particular, to the Food Hygiene Regulations (1990), Health & Safety at Work Act and Fire Regulations.
1. To be aware of and adhere to all Hotel and Government rules and regulations which can be found in the handbook and on staff notice board.
2. To clean all kitchen equipment, utensils, crockery, silverware, floors, walls, fixtures & fittings using the correct products & utensils.
3. To dispose of all kitchen waste.
4. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly, using the Service Recovery logbook when necessary.
5. To communicate respectively with colleagues, other staff & guests.
6. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
7. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety (including reporting faults and defects to the Manager) and security of the Hotel, Guests, other employees and self.
8. To carry out any reasonable requests made by Kitchen Manager and Duty/ General Manager.
9. To be aware of and adhere to all Hotel and Government rules and
regulations with special regard to:
b. Fire Precautions Act 1971
c. Fire plans and evacuation procedures
d. Health & Safety Act 1974
e. Health rules
f. Company rules