Our exciting new Spa with indoor and outdoor thermal areas include pools, hot tubs, thermal cabins will soon be open!
As one of our Spa Therapists, you’ll be the face of The Spa and play a key role, not only in welcoming all our guests but ensuring that their experience is truly unique and exceptional. First impressions count, so it’s essential that you’re personable, engaging and presentable.
A typical day as our Spa Therapist, includes anything from massage to pedicures, selling products to dealing with enquiries.
You could find yourself explaining the merits of salt saunas, mud baths, and our exquisite range of treatments and much more, so a genuine interest in all things Spa is essential.
As you can imagine this is a very hands on (no pun intended!) role and at times can be physically demanding.
We offer exception training opportunities to help you become the best Therapist you can be. The Spa is an exceptionally fantastic and beautiful place to work. We are looking for Therapists who equally consider themselves exceptional!
There are Full time and Part Time positions available.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent
- The role is a varied one so you must possess flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (some evenings and weekends on a rota basis are inevitable to meet the needs of our guests)
- You will be driven to exceed guests expectations and deliver exceptional service standards
- You will possess a keen eye for detail, great organisational and communication skills
Company Benefits Package
Excellent rate of Pay - £10.00 per hour
Plus - Product and Treatment Sales Commissions!
Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to t&c's)
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
- Complimentary staff car parking
About the Club
Low Wood Bay Health Club & Spa is situated on the shores of Lake Windermere in the heart of the Lake District. The Health Club boasts many facilities such as 50ft pool, fully equipped gym, squash court and a class studio offering over 30 indoor and outdoor activity classes.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina.
Our dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
- You will be meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm welcome, when entering the Health Club and Spa, so you must be personable, presentable and professional
- As part of the team you will ensure the guests journey / experience in the Health Club and Spa is second to none
- You will manage all guest payments and bookings, in an efficient and accurate manner via phone and email and in person.
- You will retail to customers and help with product recommendations.
- Preparation of Spa Therapy rooms and relaxation areas before and after each treatments
- Carrying out spa treatments to the highest standard
- Ensuring guests comfort at all times
- Providing consultations and homecare recommendations
- Achieving budgets for treatments and retail sales
- To work as a beauty therapist, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness through the day in the Spa and have an immaculate appearance.
- This role includes reception work, taking bookings, client payments etc
- To be responsible for ordering and stock taking and to be up to date with these procedures ensuring workload is shared equally.
- To attend beauty exhibitions and keep updated with any new treatments, products and other areas of interest within the industry. To keep updated with other salons in the area and to be aware of their treatment range and prices.
- To be aware of the service recovery procedure and implement accordingly.
- Maintain all club/beauty filing systems and organisational boards.
- Monitor the cleaning and maintenance schedule noting repairs needed and equipment/facility down time.
- To be aware of and adhere to
all Hotel & Government rules & regulations with special
- Fire Precautions Act 1971
- Health & Safety Act 1974
- Fire Plans & Evacuation Procedures
- Health Rules
- Company Rules
- To communicate respectively with colleagues, other staff & Guests.
- To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
- To be vigilant at all the times to ensure the safety & security of the Club, Members, other employees and self.
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by Line Manager/ Management.
- Carry out general reception duties
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview stage as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies