At Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Are you looking to become part of our team in an exceptional stand out world class resort? If so then look no further than Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. Sitting on the shores of Lake Windermere nestled in the English Lake District the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa is near finishing a £16 million renovation and which is due to be completed in spring 2018.
The Resort will include 132 bedrooms, a destination Spa, an exceptional conference and events facility with an amazing reputation, the classic and popular Windermere Restaurant as well as the newly opened Blue Smoke on the Bay. Not forgetting The Health Club with state of art equipment, the Watersports centre and various relaxing bars, lounges and our vibrant Juice Bar.
To run a brigade which will cater for Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners in The Windermere Restaurant as well as providing for our busy conference, events and weddings business. The role also includes catering for the lounge, Normans Juice bar and room service as well as the Club House with private breakfast and smaller functions.
The successful applicant will be excited about managing a large brigade who are passionate about providing exceptional food in amazing surroundings.
Previous experience as a Head Chef in busy resort environment with fast pace with exceptional standards is absolutely essential. You will show excellent people management skills and the ability to demonstrative innovation & drive, exercise excellent decision making qualities & be totally hospitality driven. You must have excellent communication skills and be capable of managing a variety of task for yourself and others.
What we look for
Knowledge of budgets, stock controls, accounting systems and wage controls.
Knowledge of menu costing systems.
Have a strong background in menu writing and menu training.
Have proven knowledge of Food management safety systems.
Have up to date knowledge on all allergen details, laws and law enforcements.
Experience of staff management Inc. recruitment, training and development.
Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts.
Track record of delivering results through your people,
Attention to the smallest details
A passion for hospitality
What's in it for you?
Chef Whites provided
Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
About the Company
The English Lakes Hotels group, is a well-established family owned business operating five individually styled hotels, and leisure facilities across the Lake District and North Lancashire.
This dynamic hospitality group offers our leisure and corporate guests an extensive range of experiences. The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full on line application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to www.englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.
Working under the Resort Executive Chef to provide and maintain the Resort reputation as being renowned for its friendly efficient service & excellent cuisine. The role would include being responsible for The Windermere Restaurant, Normans Juice Bar, Banqueting, Lounge food and afternoon teas as well as the new and exciting Club House which will host its own private Breakfast lounge as well and private functions.
Reporting to – Resort Head Chef and the General Manager,
With this role a close working relationship must be maintained with the Blue Smoke on the Bay Head chef and the Food and Beverage Manager as well as Senior Management and Heads of Department.
Responsible for - All Kitchen team members (excluding Blue Smoke on the Bay).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To supervise the production and preparation of all food to a high standard, this includes:
• The Windermere, the hotels main restaurant which serves Breakfast, conference lunches and dinner menus.
• Normans Juice Bar – snack items, wraps and a selection of cakes.
• Banqueting, includes weddings, functions and events from 20 – 280 guests, this could also include outside catering.
• Lounge food and Room service, including afternoon tea.
• Club House is due to open in spring 2018 and will provide breakfast for the guest residing in this area as well as small private functions and buffets.
2. To compile menus and costings to the required standard taking into account changing trends and the resorts market place and originality, whilst maintaining the resort food G.P by controlling purchasing, portioning, wastage and production.
3. To obtain and maintain the agreed overall food gross profit level by keeping adequate yet minimal stock of all foodstuffs within the resort by conducting monthly food stock takes using our current food ordering and monitoring system, whilst adhering to the nominated supplier list.
4. The efficient rotering of all members of the Kitchen staff including control and recording of annual leave, taking into consideration budgets, forecasting and business levels.
5. Attending to guests requirements and acknowledging customer care at all times with particular emphasis on individual needs and in line with the company Plus 1 policy.
6. To ensure resort and Government rules are adhered to with particular regards to health and safety and food hygiene, by ensuring the kitchen management diary is completed daily.
7. To assist in accurately keeping any records in the kitchen daily, weekly, and monthly record sheets, working alongside our external health and safety consultants
8. To liaise with the personnel department on all recruitment activity with regard to the kitchen, as well as ensuring that all Kitchen staff are trained to the required standard and evidence is recorded as per the current procedure.
9. To maintain good relations with other Departments and within the Company by communicating respectfully with guest, team members and suppliers.
10. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the resort, Guests, other employees and self and report all suspicious persons and occurrences within the resort.
11. To report any maintenance faults within the Resort by using the company maintenance log procedure.
12. To provide and maintain a nourishing and balanced menu for staff meals for all live in and on duty staff.
13. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
14. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
15. Too successfully select develop & motivate a team in accordance with the Company's standards of practice, ensuring a total quality approach to the running of the Department and therefore to the business as a whole.
16. To carry out any reasonable requests made by the General Manager/ Management.
Above all you must be friendly, courteous and helpful, discrete and honest, proactive, professional and responsible.