You will create a positive first impression, by adopting excellent customer service and communication skills to ensure our guests dining experience remains exceptional.
The role encompasses an efficient eye to detail, a warm and friendly personality combined with the very best level of hospitality.
You will also be required to support other departments, and also work within a very busy, dynamic team where training and support will be given to enable you to develop.
Full Time, Part Time and Flexible working patterns available.
You will be responsible for:
- Meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm and friendly welcome
- Providing an efficient and friendly service to our guests, whilst keeping the focus on attention to detail.
- To assist the Conferencing and Banqueting Team to maintain the cleanliness and high standards within the department.
- To contribute to the development of the department by always looking for dynamic opportunities for future improvements.
- To see clients during the event to ensure total satisfaction and the efficient and smooth operation within the Conference and Banqueting business.
- To ensure all vacated rooms are cleaned and set up post events.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for Conference & Banqueting Assistant is a dedicated and hardworking individual who will be assist in the full day to day running of the conference & banqueting department, working closely with the Food & Beverage team. Full training will be given to although experience in conference, wedding & events in a 4* hotel environment and an overall knowledge of the Food & Beverage areas would be an advantage.
Will deliver a high level of service assisting in preparation to run a smooth and efficient Conference & Banqueting operation.
You will also have;
- A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- A aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends and evenings)
Company Benefits Package
We also offer our successful applicants a whole host of other benefits which include:-
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership - (including family - subject to t&c's).
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Loyalty Service Awards Lunches with gift vouchers, presented for each year of service
- Annual Awards
- Modern, Stylish uniform provided (excludes footwear)
Low Wood Bay Resort Hotel is situated on the shores of Lake Windermere in the heart of the Lake District, with an established four star hotel boasting 111 bedrooms, and an extensive 360 capacity Conference Centre. The hotel also boasts an impressive 50ft pool and fully equipped gym, a beauty salon, a Watersports Centre and a variety of dining experiences to suit all tastes.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from all candidates at interview stage as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer or see below to apply now!