Be a part of this exciting next chapter of the story here at Low Wood Bay. Click HERE to watch our short 2 minute film to see where you could be working.
Your main aim is to ensure every guest has a memorable and unique experience and has enjoyed exceptional hospitality.
You will assist the Restaurant & Banqueting Manager in taking responsibility for a dynamic restaurant team in The Windermere Restaurant.
You will be fun, friendly, inspiring and love what you do! If this is you, then we want to hear from you.
This is a full time position, working 5 over 7 days on a shared rota basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience in a similar food service role dealing with large restaurant and banqueting facilities with a minimum of 4 stars is absolutely essential.
This is the ideal role for someone looking to develop their skills.
You will have had involvement in running large functions and weddings.
You will show excellent people management skills and the ability to demonstrate innovation & drive, exercise excellent decision making qualities & be totally hospitality driven.
You must have excellent communication skills and be capable of managing a variety of task for yourself and others.
- A passion for hospitality
- Experience in use of Opera, Micros, Book-a-table and other hospitality systems.
- Have proven knowledge of Food management safety systems.
- Experience of staff management Inc. training and development.
- Flexibility and ability to work shifts.
- Track record of delivering results through your people,
- Attention to the smallest details
Company Benefits Package
We offer our successful applicants a whole host of benefits which include:
- Modern, stylish uniform provided (excludes footwear)
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
Low Wood Bay will become the Lake Districts first world class resort hotel, we are currently undergoing a £16 million renovation and are re-opening in phases.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakes and North Lancashire, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form; you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
To apply, see below or go to our website www.englishlakes.co.uk/jobs to see all current opportunities.
Assistant Restaurant & Banqueting Manager - Low Wood Hotel
Responsible to: Restaurant & Banqueting Manager
Liaison with: Heads of Department & Head Chef
Overall Purpose of Job:
1. To ensure the Restaurant runs efficiently, effectively and maintains its reputation for friendly, efficient service and excellent cuisine.
2. To be aware of business levels and maximise sales wherever possible.
3. To maintain the Restaurant to the required standard of appearance and cleanliness.
4. To ensure maximum external & internal customer care at all times.
5. To assist with the responsibility for personnel working in the Restaurant and for there work performance and development.
- To assist in preparing staff rota in accordance with weekly business sheets and monitor holidays, lieu and sick days.
- To directly supervise and co-ordinate the activities of staff during service.
- To assist with taking and monitoring bookings to ensure a smooth Restaurant Operation.
- To be actively involved in the recruitment, training & development of staff & in the preparation, & continual updating, of all training manuals.
- To ensure all customers’ orders and requirements are processed efficiently.
- To give advice upon dishes, their accompaniments, together with wines and beverages to both guests and staff.
- To liase with Head Chef in ensuring presentation and service of food is of the highest standard.
- To attend in the absence of the Restaurant Manager necessary Business and Food & Beverage meetings in order to recognise the requirements of guests.
- To promote, assist & encourage staff to further sales of food, liquor & wines.
- To always ensure correct staffing levels but also aim to minimise staff costs where possible.
- In the absence of the Restaurant Manager, monitor actual wage costs against those of budget.
- To develop and maintain a weekly cleaning rota for staff.
- To be aware of & adhere to all Hotel and Government rules & regulations with special regard:
- a) Hygiene
- b) Fire Precautions Act 1971
- c) Fire Plans & Evacuation Procedures
- d) Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- e) Health rules, PSN, acoura
- f) Company rules & regulations
- g) Licensing Laws
- To communicate respectfully with colleagues, other staff & guests.
- To assist in successfully selecting developing & motivating a team in accordance with the Company's Standard of Practice, ensuring a total quality approach to the running of the Department and therefore to the business as a whole.
- To attend training events and meetings where applicable.
- To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedures and act upon it accordingly.
- To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
- To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety & security of the Hotel, guests, other employees & self.
- To report any faults and defects to Line Manager.
- To carry out any reasonable requests from Line Manager/Management.