A Fantastic opportunity!
We are looking for the right person to figurehead our well established Restaurant, to maintain its reputation as being renowned for its friendly efficient service & excellent cuisine.
Our Chefs have a passion for food and a flair for excellent standards of presentation, we encourage innovation and creativity aiming to creating the very best of guest experiences.
To ensure the Kitchen is supervised and controlled efficiently and effectively.
You will show excellent people management skills and the ability to demonstrative innovation & drive, exercise excellent decision making qualities & be totally hospitality driven.
You must have excellent communication skills and be capable of managing a variety of tasks for yourself and others.
Knowledge of budgets, stock controls, accounting systems and wage controls.
Knowledge of menu costing systems.
Have a strong background in menu writing and menu training.
Have proven knowledge of Food management safety systems.
Have up to date knowledge on all allergen details, laws and law enforcements.
Experience of staff management Inc. recruitment, training and development.
Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts.
Track record of delivering results through your people,
Attention to the smallest details
A passion for hospitality
Straight shifts available (some splits inevitable)
You will have:
- A aim to exceed expectations
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- A passion for food and an knowledge of kitchen management practices
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours
- Ability to work under pressure in a very busy kitchen
- Experience of leadership and management in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
Company Benefits Package
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to creativity and innovation and encourage you to reach your potential.
- Competitive starting salary
- Chef Whites provided
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to t & c's).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, this historic Wild Boar Inn has the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms. The Grill & Smokehouse and open kitchen offer a theatrical backdrop to the overall dining experience, with 72 acres of mature ancient woodland adding to the idyllic setting of this beautiful Inn.
The Wild Boar proudly continues its commitment to the best locally produced seasonal ingredients. Winner of the Silver Award in the Visit Britain Pub of the Year, The Wild Boar has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience with a welcome as warm as the open log fires.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
Notes All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full on line application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to www.englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.