As a Chef de Partie you will be involved in catering for breakfast, conference lunches, lounge food, afternoon teas, dinner and functions in The Windermere Restaurant of our very busy hotel.
We are looking for an individual who loves to cook, is willing to learn and develop and who thrives off creating exciting dining memories for our guests. You will be working with a large experienced team who care passionately about our guests and your development.
If you are friendly and inspiring we would like you to hear from you.
This is a Full Time (Live out position) with rota'd shift patterns. If you are looking for part time please talk to us too!
What we look for
- A passion for hospitality
- Attention to the smallest detail
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work shifts.
What's in it for you?
- Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to t&c's).
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
- Chef Whites provided
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies
Chef de Partie
To provide and maintain the Hotels reputation as being renowned for its friendly efficient service & excellent cuisine. To effectively run in a supervisory capacity a section of the kitchen to the departments requirements.
Reporting to…........Head/Sous Chef
Responsible for…Demi Chef de Partie / Commis Chefs
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare and cook all food to a high standard.
- To assist in the compilation of menus in particular the daily vegetables.
- To assist in recommending purchases for Head/Sous Chef to order.
- To assist in maintaining an efficient cleaning schedule as laid down in hotels procedures.
- To supervise a particular section of the department at the Head/Sous Chef instruction.
- To train any person within a particular section in the department on request of the Head/Sous Chef.
- To help maintain good relations with other departments and within ELH.
- To assist in accurately keeping any records of work carried out in the department.
- To report all suspicious persons and occurrences within the Hotel.
- To ensure that all Hotel and Government rules are adhered to.
- To liaise with the Manager responsible for Personnel and Training to ensure that all Kitchen
- staff are trained to the required standard.
- To organise and run training sessions for Department Staff to the required standard.
- To report any maintenance faults within the Hotel.
- To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform
- in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
- To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by the Head/Sous Chef.