Can you supervise a 150 cover restaurant and assist in running banquets up to 250 people?
Can you take full responsibility for a dynamic team who will be fun, friendly, inspiring and more so love what they do, with the main aim of ensuring every guest has a memorable and unique experience and has enjoyed stand out hospitality?
If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
This is a full time position, working straight shifts, 5 days over 7.
- Previous supervisory restaurant experience with a minimum of 4 stars is preferable.
- You will show excellent people management skills and the ability to demonstrate innovation, drive, exercise excellent decision making qualities & be totally hospitality driven.
- You must have excellent communication skills, the ability to lead by example and be capable of managing a variety of tasks for yourself and others.
What we look for
- Experience of people skills management for training and development.
- Must be flexible in your approach to working hours
- A record of delivering results through your people
- Attention to the smallest detail
- A passion for hospitality
- A commitment to delivering exceptional guest service
- Experience in use of Micros systems
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
- Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to t&c's).
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Modern, stylish uniform
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full on-line application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.
Please note no accommodation is available.
Restaurant & Banqueting Supervisor
To provide a high standard, effectively, efficiently welcoming in all food & beverage service in order to create a good atmosphere for customers and exceed all expectations in line with the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa vision statement. Control and ensure the smooth running of the day to day business in the Restaurant & Banqueting department
Restaurant & Banqueting Management team
Restaurant & Banqueting team
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To be aware of and adhere to all hotel & government rules & regulations.
To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
To communicate respectively with colleagues, other staff & guests.
To ensure that all guests needs and enquiries are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner.
To set up and service all rooms and areas, achieving minimum standards, as laid down by the Food &
To ensure high personal standards.
To successfully assist in the training, development and motivation of the team in accordance with the
company Standards of Practice, ensuring a total quality approach to the running of the department
and therefore to business as a whole.
To ensure cleanliness in Restaurant & Banqueting departments is up to a high standard at all times.
To ensure a full stock of items is kept and correctly rotated.
To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Hotel, guests, other employees and self.
Adhere to the duty rota as prepared by the Management
To prepare/serve food & beverages to the quality & standard defined by the Management.
Liaise with Guests offering high quality service
Maintain daily cleaning routines and stocking up procedures within all areas
Work as a team and, in the absence of Management, to take control of shift
Ensure all monies are controlled and correct and take responsibility, in of Management, for cashing up all
tills and securing department.
Report all faults and defective equipment to Management and maintenance
Offer ideas for new systems, procedures etc.
To carry out any reasonable requests made by the Line Manager/Management.
To promote, assist & encourage staff to further sales of food, liquor & wines.