We are currently recruiting additional team members to join us in our exceptional restaurant and grill!
As part of our small but dynamic team you will need to be friendly and inspiring with a genuine love for the role in order to make sure that each and every guest has a memorable and unique experience.
This role involves serving our guests, keeping the bar and lounge areas clean and tidy at all times and responding to our customers ever changing needs.
If this could be you, then we want to hear from you. We have full time positions available working 5 days over 7, we may also be able to offer some part time hours contracts too, please ask! all roles include weekends and Bank Holidays as we are a very busy destination Inn!
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We encourage an environment where training and development are key aspects in ensuring a happy and friendly team and alongside this we also offer our employees a whole host of other benefits which include :-
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, this historic Wild Boar Inn has the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms. The Grill & Smokehouse and open kitchen offer a theatrical backdrop to the overall dining experience, with 72 acres of mature ancient woodland adding to the idyllic setting of this beautiful Inn.
The Wild Boar proudly continues its commitment to the best locally produced seasonal ingredients. Winner of the Silver Award in the VisitBritain Pub of the Year, The Wild Boar has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience with a welcome as warm as the open log fires.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form on line (see below!) or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
Job Title: General Assistant
Responsible to: Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Duty Manager
Liaison with: All team members
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure a quality approach to the service of food & beverage within the Grill, Smokehouse and Bar, thereby ensuring the maintenance of high standards to both hotel residents and non-resident guests.
- To ensure that food & beverages are correctly presented/served in accordance with procedures laid down by the Restaurant Manager and Training Manuals.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and/or station is fully laid up with correct linen and tableware.
- To ensure all storage/dumb waiters are kept clean & tidy.
- To be fully conversant with wine and bar service in order to assist more senior staff as required.
- To ensure high personnel standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean and tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
- To add to the image of the Inn, by being motivated, planning ahead and using your initiative.
- To assist in the achievement of maximum profitability & sales by recognising sales opportunities and acting upon them.
- To be aware of ervice Recovery and +1 Procedures and act upon it accordingly.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Hotel and Government rules and regulations with special regard to:
- Fire Precautions Act 1971
- Fire plans and evacuation procedures
- Health & Safety Act 1974
- Health rules
- Company rules
- To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Hotel and guests, other employees and self.
- To report any suspicious persons or occurrences in the Hotel.
- To report faults and defects to Line Manager.
- To communicate respectfully with colleagues, other staff and guests.
- To respond to guests’ requests and requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests made by Line Manager or Management.