To service guest bedrooms and allocated areas quickly and efficiently to the standards our customers e
We are looking for an additional housekeeper to your our team!
We have variable hours (approx. 18 per week) contracts available, which offer flexibility for you but still meet the needs of our customers. Your days and hours of work will include some weekends on a rota'd shared basis.
Talk to us about your availability.
The ideal Candidate
- A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- An aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- An eye to seek improvements on Standards and Service
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours
To work to the required standards whilst observing all aspects of hygiene and Health & Safety requirements when:
- Cleaning rooms
- Making beds
- General cleaning
Company Recognition Package
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to a culture where creativity and innovation are encouraged to allow our people to reach their best. We also offer our successful applicants a whole host of other benefits which include :-
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
The Midland is an iconic architectural edifice that showcases the elegance of classic Art Deco design with a modern contemporary feel.
Standing alone as an impressive silhouette on Morecambe’s seafront, The Midland offers an unforgettable cocktail of sophisticated glamour and magnificent views across the bay to the Lake District fells.
Each of the hotel’s 44 rooms has been designed for maximum comfort, with all the modern amenities you would expect in a hotel of this caliber, which was designed by Oliver Hill with interior decoration by Eric Gill, providing the hotel with a rich heritage.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
JOB DESCRIPTION – MIDLAND HOTEL
Job Title: Housekeeper
Responsible to: Head Housekeeper, (Deputy Head Housekeeper in her absence)
Liaison with: Other Housekeeping Staff
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To service guest bedrooms etc. and allocated areas quickly and efficiently to the standards set out in the Training Manual.
1. To work to the required standards whilst observing all aspects of hygiene and Health & Safety requirements when:
1.1 servicing guest bedrooms and associated areas
1.2 assisting fellow workers as appropriate
2. To ensure security & care of Hotel’s and guests’ property by reporting to the Head Housekeeper, Assistant Head Housekeeper or Housekeeper as appropriate:
2.1 any suspicious persons or occurrences in the Hotel.
2.2 all maintenance faults and damages.
2.3 the loss or otherwise of sub. master keys.
3. To maintain a high standard of internal and external Customer Care by:
3.1 responding to guests’ requests and requirements.
3.2 communicating respectfully with colleagues, other departments and guests.
3.3 keeping a clean, smart appearance in terms of self and the maintenance and wearing of the appropriate uniform, in accordance with the Dress and Appearance
4. To carry out extra work as delegated by the Head Housekeeper, Deputy Head Housekeeper as appropriate.
5. To be aware of the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
6. To be aware of and adhere to all Hotel & Government rules & regulations with special regard to:
b. Fire Precautions Act 1971
c. Fire Plans & Evacuation Procedures
d. Health & Safety Act 1974
e. Health Rules
f. Company Rules
g. Hotel Proprietors Act 1956
7. To communicate respectively with colleagues, other staff & guests.
8. To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Line Manager or Management.