As one of our Duty Managers, you will play a key role in creating a positive, energetic, fun and overall exceptional experience for your colleagues as well as our guests, in this first class, premium Health Club at Low Wood Bay. First impressions count, so you will possess exceptional customer service skills and a keen eye for detail. This role will suit someone with previous supervisory experience, preferably in the Health and Fitness sector. A good level of fitness and confidence, along with a genuine interest in the fitness industry is essential.
You will be responsible for;
- Maintaining our leading reputation for exceptional facilities and friendly professional service.
- Providing information and guidance to all members, potential members and guests
- Ensuring the all areas are well maintained to an exceptional standard at all times
- Providing and coordinating a range of Health Club services on a day to day basis
- Teaching both indoor and outdoor classes as part of our extensive offering.
- You will part of a team, ensuring the club runs efficiently and within company health and safety guidelines and government legislation
Daily management and supervision of all Club personnel ensuring that service within this premium facility falls nothing short of excellent at all times.
Daily Club operations including Pool Plant
The Ideal Candidate
- A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality with a high degree of self-motivation.
- A desire to exceed guests and colleagues expectations at every opportunity
- An exceptional keen eye for detail
- Great organisational skills and effective communication skills.
- Proven supervisory / management experience
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 in Gym or equivalent fitness qualification
Pool Plant Operators experience
Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends and evenings)
Company Benefits Package
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to a culture where creativity and innovation are encouraged to allow our people to reach the very best. We encourage an environment where training and development are key aspects in ensuring a happy team and alongside this we also offer our successful applicants a whole host of other benefits which include :-
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Complimentary Staff Parking area
- Annual departmental awards
- Modern and stylish uniform
About the Club
Low Wood Bay Health Club & Spa is situated on the shores of Lake Windermere in the heart of the Lake District. The Health Club boasts many facilities such as 50ft pool, fully equipped gym, squash court and a class studio offering over 30 indoor and outdoor activity classes.
Also opening soon our exciting new Spa with indoor and outdoor thermal areas including pools, hot tubs, thermal cabins and much more.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
To apply please see below or go to www.englishlakes.co.uk/jobs
Job Title: Club Duty Manager, English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues
Responsible to : Club Manager
Liaison with: All fellow employees, Group Leisure Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To support the Club Manager in the daily operation of the Health Club, ensuring the maximisation of guest satisfaction through exceptional attention to detail in all areas and leading a strong motivated team within the Health Club. To ensure customer service standards and health and safety of all employees and guests are met whilst at work on our premises.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In the absence of the Club Manager be present at weekly Managers site meetings reporting on the weekly activities & operations of the club.
Develop and implement Club activities, promotions, events and services across the following areas Gym, Fitness, Membership
In the absence of the Club Manager be at the weekly hotel HOD meeting ensuring that the Hotel knows what is happening within the Club and reporting back to the Club team what opportunities / promotions or any other operational events are happening in the Hotel which affect the Club.
To support the Club Manager in establishing and maintaining a regular programme of training and assessments for your team members and ensure that all Group Opportunity procedures are adhered to.
Daily coordination, supervision, developmnent and management of Club team
Maintain an exceptionally high level of quality and hygiene standard throughout the Club and its facilities.
To report any Club deficiencies immediately to the Club Manager.
To monitor, assess and respond to all customer feedback as necessary.
Deliver as and when required indoor and outdoor Class Instruction to Club members / visitors
Maintain Pool Plant operations on a daily basis, adhering to company Health and Safety guidelines and government legislation, at all times providing a safe environment for staff and club users
Follow and adhere to all English Lakes policies and procedures at all times.
Adhere to and oversee the Club, working to and within government Legislation, rules and regulations, with special regards to:
Hygiene and Health rules
Fire Precautions Act 1971
Fire plans and evacuation procedures
Health and safety at work Act 1974
Food Hygiene regulations
Be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of Club guests, other employees and yourself.
Communicate respectfully at all times with colleagues, guest and staff.
To maintain total confidentiality towards matters concerning the Club, guest, staff and hotels.