This fantastic highly sought after vacancy has arisen to join our professional Kitchen Brigade providing the opportunity for any highly motivated, ambitious Sous Chef looking to progress their career within the Hospitality Industry.
We expect our Chefs to have a passion for food and a flair for excellent standards of presentation, where the emphasis is always on creating the very best of guest experiences. In addition to support and training, we actively encourage innovation and creativity.
The role is a full time role. Straight shifts available with some splits inevitable.
- Ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals at the required time to the highest of standards.
- Assisting in the development of menus by contributing with new ideas whilst following emerging trends within the hotel and catering industry.
- Maintaining the Hotels food gross profit level by control of purchasing, portioning wastage and production.
- To manager the purchasing and ordering procedures in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensuring your section is always fully prepped and ready for the next service.
- To maintain clean and hygienic work areas and practices
- Ensure all orders are placed and received and checked for accuracy
- Take part in training new starters or fellow colleagues with your expertise
- To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- A aim to exceed expectations
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- A passion for food and an knowledge of kitchen management practices
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours
- Ability to work under pressure in a very busy kitchen
- Experience of leadership and management in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
Company Benefits Package
At English Lakes Hotels, Resorts and Venues it is our pride in the quality and devotion of our people that make our business a success. We are committed to creativity and innovation and encourage you to reach your potential.
- Competitive starting salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership and Family Leisure Club Membership (subject to t & c's).
- Complimentary Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay for 2 to celebrate your birthday
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Annual departmental awards
About the Hotel
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, this historic Wild Boar Inn has the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms. The Grill & Smokehouse and open kitchen offer a theatrical backdrop to the overall dining experience, with 72 acres of mature ancient woodland adding to the idyllic setting of this beautiful Inn.
The Wild Boar proudly continues its commitment to the best locally produced seasonal ingredients. Winner of the Silver Award in the Visit Britain Pub of the Year, The Wild Boar has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience with a welcome as warm as the open log fires.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels, Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakeland and North Lancashire areas, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, a Watersports Centre and Marina. This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
Notes All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.