Blue Smoke on the Bay - Commis Chef
You will be working with the Blue Smoke Kitchen Brigade:
•Ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals at the required time to the highest of standards.
•Ensuring your section is always fully prepped and ready for the next service.
•Maintaining clean and hygienic work areas and practices
•Ensuring all orders are placed, received and checked for accuracy
•Training such as a work based NVQ to progress your qualifications.
This is a full time position working 5 days over 7.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- A friendly and enthusiastic disposition
- An aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- An eye to seek improvements on standards and service in all food outlet areas
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- A flair for food and an knowledge of basic kitchen practices
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standard
What's in it for you?
- English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
- Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (t&c's apply).
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Chef Whites provided
- The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
About the Company
The English Lakes Hotels group, is a well-established family owned business operating five individually styled hotels, and leisure facilities across the Lake District and North Lancashire.
This dynamic hospitality group offers our leisure and corporate guests an extensive range of experiences. The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
See below to apply or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs for all current vacancies.
Blue Smoke Commis Chef
Chef De Partie, Sous Chefs, Head Chef
To cook and prepare food for service in the Kitchen and assisting in maintaining the Hotels reputations as being renowned for its friendly efficient service and excellent cuisine.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To prepare and cook all food to a high standard.
To help maintain an efficient cleaning schedule as laid down in the Hotels procedure.