10 Jul 2017
Blue Smoke on the Bay
Blue Smoke Kitchen
Blue Smoke Kitchen Porter
This role is one of the most important roles within our resort and is perfect for someone looking to enter the industry or work in kitchens. “Without a kitchen porter or housekeeper you cannot open a hotel, all other roles can be done by anyone – Rocco Forte” We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our enthusiastic and talented kitchen brigade. If you are fun, friendly and inspiring, join our team. If this sounds great, then we want to hear from you. This is a full time position, working 5 days over 7, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
As a kitchen porter you will be integral in making sure the kitchen runs efficiently, you will be responsible for ensuring all guest crockery and cutlery are cleaned and preserved as well as supporting the chef and supplying them with the equipment needed to carry out their duties, cleaning the kitchen at the end of service and maintaining good hygiene practices throughout. You will be working with a large experienced team who care about our guests and your development.
What we look for (the detail)
What's in it for you?
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
Blue Smoke Kitchen Porter
To ensure all kitchen equipment, service and storage areas are cleaned to the Company standards and, in particular, to the Food Hygiene Regulations , Health & Safety at Work Act and Fire Regulations.
Reporting to… Kitchen Porter Supervisor, Head Chef & Sous Chef
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To be aware of and adhere to all Hotel and Government rules and regulations.
2. To clean all kitchen equipment, utensils, crockery, floors, walls, fixtures & fittings using the
correct products & utensils.
3. To dispose of all kitchen waste.
4. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
5. To communicate respectively with colleagues, other staff & guests.
6. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform
in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
7. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Hotel, Guests, other
employees and self.
8. To report any faults and defects to Line Manager.
9. To carry out any reasonable requests made by Head Chef or Management.