07 Jul 2017
Blue Smoke on the Bay
Blue Smoke Kitchen
Chef de Partie
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our enthusiastic and talented kitchen brigade. If you are fun, friendly and inspiring join our team. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you.
As a Chef de Partie you will be involved in catering for breakfast, conference lunches, lounge food, afternoon teas, dinner in The Windermere and functions for this very busy world class resort.
We are looking for an individual who loves to cook, is willing to learn and develop and who thrives off creating exciting dining memories of our guests. You will be working with a large experienced team who care about our guests and your development.
What we look for (the detail)
Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts.
Attention to the smallest detail
A passion for hospitality
What's in it for you?
Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions).
Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
English Lakes Gift Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
To apply please send your CV to Helen Wilman-Scales, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs to apply online.
Please note: no accommodation is provided.
Chef de Partie
To provide and maintain the Hotels reputation as being renowned for its friendly efficient service & excellent cuisine. To effectively run in a supervisory capacity a section of the kitchen to the departments requirements.
Demi Chef de Partie / Commis Chefs
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSiBILITIES:
1. To prepare and cook all food to a high standard.
2. To assist in the compilation of menus in particular the daily vegetables.
3. To assist in recommending purchases for Head/Sous Chef to order.
4. To assist in maintaining an efficient cleaning schedule as laid down in hotels procedures.
5. To supervise a particular section of the department at the Head/Sous Chef instruction.
6. Attending to guests requirements and acknowledging customer care at all times.
7. To train any person within a particular section in the department on request of the Head/Sous Chef.
8. To help maintain good relations with other departments and within ELH.
9. To assist in accurately keeping any records of work carried out in the department.
10. To report all suspicious persons and occurrences within the Hotel.
11. To ensure that all Hotel and Government rules are adhered to.
12. To liaise with the Manager responsible for Personnel and Training to ensure that all Kitchen
staff are trained to the required standard.
14. To organise and run training sessions for Department Staff to the required standard.
15. To report any maintenance faults within the Hotel.
16. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform
in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
17. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
18. To carry out any reasonable requests made by the Head/Sous Chef.