19 Jun 2017
Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Blue Smoke Front of House
Blue Smoke On the Bay Restaurant Supervisor.
At Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Are you looking to become part of our team in an exceptional stand out world class resort? If so then look no further than Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. Sitting on the shores of Lake Windermere nestled in the English Lake District, the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa is currently undergoing a £16 million renovation and re-opened with phase 1 completed in April 2017.
The Resort will continue to open additional phases from July 2017 with the completion of our new concept Restaurant Blue Smoke. The Resort will be fully open from November 2017.
We are looking for the right applicant to supervise this exciting New Restaurant concept, based around a 14ft Charcoa grill, the first of its kind in the North of England!
If you are interested to join a new and dynamic team, with the main aim of ensuring every guest has a memorable and unique experience and have enjoyed stand out hospitality, we want to hear from you.
Responsible for the service team within the Blue Smoke.
Previous experience as a Chef De rang or Supervisor in 100 cover bustling restaurant with a fast pace with exceptional standards is absolutely essential. You will show excellent people management skills and be totally hospitality driven. You must have excellent communication skills, and be capable of supervising a variety of tasks.
What we look for
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations with an exciting new restaurant concept.
Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to terms and conditions)
Discounted room rates across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
English Lakes Loyalty Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
About the Company
The English Lakes Hotels group, is a well-established family owned business operating five individually styled hotels, and leisure facilities across the Lake District and North Lancashire.
This dynamic hospitality group offers our leisure and corporate guests an extensive range of experiences. The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form or you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs to apply online NOW!
Please note no accommodation is provided.
Blue Smoke on the Bay Restaurant Supervisor
To ensure Blue Smoke on the Bay runs efficiently, effectively and maintains a maximum external & internal customer care required to meet the Resort standards. You will assist train and supervise all team members working in the Restaurant department whilst observing their work performance and development.
Reporting to - Restaurant Manager
Responsible for – Restaurant Assistants.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To ensure whilst on shift Blue Smoke on the Bay runs efficiently and effectively and the experience exceeds all guest expectations.
2. To ensure all Restaurant areas are set to the required standard as laid down in the SOP training manuals.
3. To assist the management team in promoting high levels of morale, motivation and communications to instil a commitment to an exceptional level of guest expectations.
4. Work closely with the management team with regards to all feedback related to Blue Smoke on the Bay, ensuring all procedures are reviewed and training provided where necessary.
5. Understand the use of all Food & Beverage systems including Micros, Book-a-table and Fourth Hospitality.
6. To ensure that all guests needs and enquiries are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner.
7. To directly supervise, co-ordinate and motivate the activities of staff during service.
8. To ensure all sales are maximised within your department by encouraging up selling all food and liquor through each team member.
9. To attend necessary business daily, weekly and monthly meeting in order to recognise the requirements of the guest
10. To be actively involved in the training and development of all team members.
11. To ensure that the weekly cleaning schedules are maintained for the department in line with company and Resort guidelines.
12. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress and Appearance Policy.
13. To maintain good working relations with other Departments in the Resort and all E.L outlets.
14. To carry out any reasonable requests, projects or tasks as defined by General Manager and Deputy General Manager.
15. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
16. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Resort, guests, other employees and oneself, reporting any issues to the Guest Relations Manager.
17. To report any faults and defects to Maintenance via the online system.
18. To be aware of & adhere to all Hotel and Government rules in line with the companies health and safety consultants.