Blue Smoke Assistant Manager At Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
We are looking for the right applicant to help manage and develop this exciting New Restaurant concept, based around a 14ft Charcoa grill, the first of its kind in the North of England.
- Do you have the skills to assist the Blue Smoke Manager in the day to day running of this exciting new restaurant?
- You will be required to become involved in all aspects of the operation as well as helping to develop and manage a new team.
- Ensuring every guest has a memorable and unique experience and have enjoyed stand out hospitality?
- To be responsible for the service team with in the Blue Smoke and working closely alongside the kitchen team.
If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you.
Previous experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager in 100 cover bustling restaurant with a fast pace with exceptional standards is absolutely essential. You will show excellent people management skills and the ability to demonstrate innovation & drive, exercise excellent decision making qualities & be totally hospitality driven. You must have excellent communication skills and be capable of managing a variety of tasks for yourself and others.
This is a full time position, working 5 days over 7, including evenings and weekends on shift patterns.
What we look for (the detail)
Experience in use of Opera, Micros, Book-a-table and other hospitality systems
Have proven knowledge of Food management safety systems
Experience of staff management Inc, training and development
Must be flexible and have the facility to work shifts
Track record of delivering results through your people
Attention to the smallest details
A passion for hospitality
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations with an exciting new restaurant concept.
- Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Health Club Membership (subject to t&c)
- Uniform Provided
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
- Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
- English Lakes loyalty Vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
About the Company
The English Lakes Hotels group, is a well-established family owned business operating five individually styled hotels, and leisure facilities across the Lake District and North Lancashire.
This dynamic hospitality group offers our leisure and corporate guests an extensive range of experiences. The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
You can send your CV to email@example.com or go direct to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs to apply online.
Please note no accommodation is provided
- JOB DESCRIPTION
Blue Smoke on the Bay Assistant Restaurant Manager
You will assist the Restaurant Manager in ensuring The Blue Smoke on the Bay runs efficiently, effectively and maintains a maximum external & internal customer care required to meet the Resorts standards.
You will assist, train and supervise all team members working in the Blue Smoke on the Bay whilst observing their work performance and development. You will also assist in reviewing and implementing standards and procedures in relation to Restaurant and Bar service.
Reporting to - Restaurant Manager
Responsible for – Restaurant & Bar Supervisors, Restaurant & Bar Assistants
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To ensure The Blue Smoke on the Bay runs efficiently and effectively, required to exceed all expectations through setting and implementing standards via the SOP manuals.
2. To ensure all Restaurant & Bar areas are set to the required standard as laid down in the SOP training Manuals.
3. Promote high levels of morale, motivation and communications to instil a commitment to an exceptional level of guest expectations.
4. Work closely with the Restaurant Manager with regards to all feedback related to Blue Smoke on the Bay, ensuring all procedures are reviewed and training provided where necessary.
5. Understand the use of all Food & Beverage systems including Micros, Book-a-table and Fourth Hospitality.
6. To be assist in the running of smaller banquets when directed ensuring all events operational needs are met.
7. To ensure that all guests needs and enquiries are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner.
8. To directly supervise, co-ordinate and motivate the activities of staff during service.
9. To ensure all sales are maximised within your department by encouraging upselling all food and liquor through each team member.
10. To attend necessary business daily, weekly and monthly meeting in order to recognise the requirements of the guests.
11. To be actively involved in the training and development of all team members and assist in ensuring all training manuals are kept up to date.
12. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress and Appearance Policy.
13. To maintain good working relations with other Departments in the Resort and all E.L outlets.
14. To carry out any reasonable requests, projects or tasks as defined by General Manager and Deputy General Manager.
15. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
16. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Hotel, guests, other employees and self, reporting any issues to the Guest Relations Manager.
17. To report any faults and defects to Maintenance via the online system.
18. To be aware of & adhere to all Resort and Government rules in line with the company’s Health and Safety consultants.
Above all you must be friendly, courteous and helpful, discrete and honest, proactive, professional and responsible.