19 Jul 2017
Blue Smoke on the Bay
Blue Smoke Front of House
Full Time or Part Time
Ensuring every guest has a memorable and unique experience and has enjoyed stand out hospitality!
Working alongside a dynamic team who will be fun, friendly, inspiring and more so love what they do.
We have a variety of flexible working patters, Full Time and Part Time. There will be some evening and weekend working on a shared rota basis.
Previous bar experience in a 4 star establishment would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given.
What's in it for you?
About the Company
The English Lakes Hotels group, is a well-established family owned business operating five individually styled hotels, and leisure facilities across the Lake District and North Lancashire.
This dynamic hospitality group offers our leisure and corporate guests an extensive range of experiences. The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Hotels Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you still need to complete our full application form, you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or go direct to englishlakes.co.uk/jobs to apply online now!
Blue Smoke on the Bay Restaurant Assistant
To ensure a quality approach to the service of food and beverages with Blue Smoke on the Bay, thereby ensuring the maintenance of high standards to both Resort residents and guests. You will be essential in making our guests enjoy unique experiences ad create unforgettable memories.
Reporting to - Restaurant Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To ensure that food and beverages are correctly served in accordance with the procedures laid out in the departments SOP manuals.
2. To ensure that the restaurant and section stations are fully laid up with correct linen and table ware prior to every service.
3. To ensure the still room, restaurant store areas and restaurant units are kept clean and tidy at all times.
4. To be fully aware of all menus relating to food and drink ensuring that all guest needs are met.
5. To ensure you promote high levels of morale, motivation and communications to an exceptional level of guest expectations.
6. Understand the use of micros in order to accurately place orders as well as Book-a-table to ensure you are able to book a guest into the restaurant.
7. To ensure that all guests needs and enquiries are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner.
8. To ensure all sales are maximised by up-selling all food and liquor at each opportunity.
9. To receive all training in a positive manner with the aim to continuously learn and progress.
10. To ensure that the weekly cleaning schedules are maintained for the department in line with company and hotel guidelines as instructed.
11. To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress and Appearance Policy.
12. To maintain good working relations with other Departments in the Resort and all E.L outlets.
13. To carry out any reasonable requests, projects or tasks as defined by General Manager and Deputy General Manager.
14. To be aware of and adhere to the Service Recovery Procedure and act upon it accordingly.
15. To be vigilant at all times to ensure the safety and security of the Resort, guests, other employees and oneself, reporting any issues to the Guest Relations Manager.
16. To be aware of & adhere to all Resort and Government rules in line with the companies Health & Safety consultants.
Above all you must be friendly, courteous and helpful, discrete and honest, proactive, professional and responsible.